April 3 - June 29, 2018, 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
This course is ideal for students who are interested in gaining Canadian work experience and who would like to enhance their portfolios for future opportunities in retail stores and in customer service businesses.
This program is an employment language program that combines 8 weeks of in-class training as well as 4 weeks of work placement with employers in the community. Our knowledgeable instructors help students prepare resumes, cover letters, and teach learners the skills required to prepare them for job interviews and finding employment in Canada. Career choices are endless in this field.
Overview of Retail and Customer Service
- Language training for retail stores and customer service
- Communicating with customers
- The importance of good customer service
- Answering the telephone, taking and leaving messages
- Improve typing speed and accuracy
- Using a cash register and making change
- Employment readiness including resume and cover letter, job search, and interviews skills
- Canadian work experience
Work Placements (4 weeks)
- Work experience in retail stores and customer service
Training and Certifications include:
Canadian Language Benchmark – Level 4 or higher
Please go to http://stcharles.ca/SL email email@example.com or call 905-577-0555, Press 5 then 0 for more information.