What is the definition of a service provider / program?
A service provider or program:
- Has a distinct organizational structure
- Has dedicated staff who are not part of other service providers or programs
- Has its own funding
- Has its own client roster and thus, has its own client records
- PATH Employment. PATH Employment is a distinct, independent service provider.
- Deaf Empowerment Program. DEP is a distinct program within Mohawk College.
How is this different from a parent organization?
A parent organization:
- Can comprise many service providers and programs
- Includes a large number of staff who may work at different providers and in different programs from one another
- Has fragmented client rosters, in that some client records may be held by one program, while others are held by another
Example: City of Hamilton. City of Hamilton comprises many different divisions, agencies, providers and programs, each of which
would qualify as a service provider / program in this application.